Green Homes Grant is a newly introduced scheme that will provide a voucher to homeowners which will cover up to two – thirds of the costs of qualifying energy efficiency or low carbon heating improvements to your home.
This will cover up to £5000 or £10 000 (for people on low income and receive certain benefits) worth of improvements done to Your home.
The government have split measures into two categories:
- Insulation measures:
- solid wall
- under floor
- cavity wall
- flat roof
- room in roof
- insulating a park home
- Low carbon heat measures
- air or ground source heat pump
- solar thermal (liquid filled flat plate or evacuated tube collectors)
- biomass boilers
- draught proofing
- double/triple glazing (where replacing single glazed windows)
- secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing)
- external energy efficient doors (replacing single glazed or solid doors installed before 2002)
- heating controls
- hot water tank thermostats and insulation
The voucher must be used to install at least 1 primary measure. This can be an insulation measure and/or a low carbon heating measure.
You can apply for the voucher from the end of September. In the meantime, you can find out what improvements can be made to your home and obtain quotes from certified tradespeople.